cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download speed issues in SK7

bigfatron
Tuning in

Is there some wider network problem currently? On the 200 connection which normally hits 210-220 download on speed tests. This morning it seems to be struggling to hit 100 (speed test run from my router which is connected to a Hub 3 in modem mode) even after restarting all devices.  The connection checker on the VM website doesn't seem to want to play (possibly because my Hub 3 is in modem mode?).  Upload speeds seem normal (20-25).

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Check for local issues on 0800 561 0061. 

Also try a different category 5e or better ethernet cable. 

My cabling is fine and i'd ruled out any issues at my end.  It did seem to get back to something like normal by late evening (a test hit 200 down at about 11pm) although its down below advertised speed again now at around 8am (2 speed tests a couple of minutes apart hit 170 and 150).  I'm used to both download and upload speeds hitting the limiter so it being under 50% of advertised download yesterday was very unusual indeed.

Hey there @bigfatron, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums.

Sorry to hear about the slow broadband speeds with your service.
I've had a look on the system and cannot see any issues appearing.

Are you able to run a speed test wired in to a device? Preferably a laptop or PC, and pleasure ensure all other devices, wired or wireless, are disconnected.

Let us know how it goes and we can go on from there.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @Ilyas_Y, it appears to have returned to normal in the last day or so.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi bigfatron, 

Thank you for getting back to us and letting us know the service has returned to normal. 

If you experience any further issues, please do not hesitate to get back in touch and we will do all we can to assist. 

Thanks, 

Nat