Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Download speed dropping rapidly

Hi all,

Got virgin WiFi in about 2 weeks ago. Speeds started off around 250mb/s using the M500 box within a few hours of it being installed. Our minimum guaranteed was 260mbs with an average of 516mbs.

It has now dropped day by day to 60mbs maximum. Upload speed has constantly stayed the same @ 37mbs. 

Anyone care to explain why this would be happening or how to fix it? we have never even reached our minimum guaranteed speeds..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Download speed dropping rapidly

Hello

Can you please post your network stats from the hub

Open a Web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer) and enter the address http://192.168.0.1

Note: If you have enabled Modem Mode on your Hub 3.0 you will need to use 192.168.100.1 instead.

Do not login but click on where it says "Check Router Stats" and then copy and post from the following 4 tabs, Downstream, Upstream, Configuration and Network logs and we can check your power level, also while you about that can you please go around and check that all connectors to VM equipment are hand tight.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your quick reply Mike, I have just nipped out of the house! I will do as soon as possible and upload the details in my next reply.

many thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

First of all I would check the speed the Hub is receiving with a gigabit enabled PC connected directly to the Hub by CAT 5E or better ethernet cable.

Wireless is just  too unreliable to test accurately and the reason VM only guarantee speeds on a wired connection(the same as any other ISP)

If you are not getting headline speeds wired then post the stats as advised.

0 Kudos