I am on 200 mbps deal in Postcode RM15 & speed has been solid for years - in the last 10 days I have had a similar problem to some other posters.
My hub is set to modem & wifi is through an Asus nighthawk,on speedtest I am getting the following average around 70% of the time - Ping 10 ms Dload 7-10mbps Upload 17-20 mbps,on every test ping & Upload are consistent- on the remaining 30% I get 150 mbps up to top speed.
I have pin reset both modem & router and changed the Hub back to router mode to speed test over ethernet cable & still get the same results.
The website shows no issues in my area & the 'run test' came back with no problems.
You downstream power levels are too high on a number of channels, as well as a high number of post RS errors, in cases like this can be caused by noise, and can sometimes be fixed by going around and making sure that all coaxial connection to all VM equipment are finger tight, power off hub for 30 secs and then back on. If the power levels are above +10 or getting a lot of Post RS errors then an engineer is going to be need to resolve the issue.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks
Do you have an attenuator fitted to the back of the hub?
***** If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!! I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences. Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi