Menu
Tallyberto
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Download Speed Issue

Hi All,

I am on the 350mb package which for a long time has been perfect. However, the last two days, I am only getting a max of 35mb d/l. My u/l is fine at around 36-37mb.

I am running (as I always have) the VM Router in Modem mode.

Speed Test ResultsSpeed Test ResultsVM RouterVM Router

I am running the HUB 3.0 and its connected to a NETGEAR R6800

Anyone have any ideas please?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Download Speed Issue

@Tallyberto wrote:

Hi All,

I am on the 350mb package which for a long time has been perfect. However, the last two days, I am only getting a max of 35mb d/l. My u/l is fine at around 36-37mb.

I am running (as I always have) the VM Router in Modem mode.

Speed Test ResultsSpeed Test ResultsVM RouterVM Router

I am running the HUB 3.0 and its connected to a NETGEAR R6800

Anyone have any ideas please?

You have a SNR issue causing the 1000's of errors on your downstream channels.

It could be a local area issue, or your specific line has a problem.

Tallyberto
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Carl,

OK thank you - I guess I need to ring VM then. Is SNR something they will be familiar with? I had a massive headache last year trying to get them to understand my upload channels should be 4 when I only had 1 (was getting 12 up instead of the 37 I am now). 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@Tallyberto wrote:

Hi Carl,

OK thank you - I guess I need to ring VM then. Is SNR something they will be familiar with? I had a massive headache last year trying to get them to understand my upload channels should be 4 when I only had 1 (was getting 12 up instead of the 37 I am now). 

Thank you

They'll do a check on the line, which should hopefully show the issue.

Could you please create a BQM (Broadband Quality Monitor) here, and post the live link?

The BQM will show how good/bad the line is so we can check it over if you have issues with the call centre.

Tallyberto
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

OK, I have set this up, hopefully this will work

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/fa9874a60177f44afa05ac5dafdcd5e571b5bd1f]My Broadband Ping
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@Tallyberto wrote:
OK, I have set this up, hopefully this will work

[url=https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/fa9874a60177f44afa05ac5dafdcd5e571... Broadband Ping[/url]

The link is broken.

I believe this is correct:

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/fa9874a60177f44afa05ac5dafdcd5e571... 

It takes an hour or two to show some meaningful data since it starts when you create it.

Tallyberto
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

OK great, thank you very much - Yes, for some reason, whatever link I posted, the forum said it was invalid HTML. I will leave it a few hours to grab data then I will ring VM
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@Tallyberto wrote:
OK great, thank you very much - Yes, for some reason, whatever link I posted, the forum said it was invalid HTML. I will leave it a few hours to grab data then I will ring VM

Regarding contacting VM you have three options:

• Wait for a VM staff member to reply on here (Currently 5 - 7 days).
  • Text VM on 07533 051 809.
  • Phone customer services on 0345 454 1111.
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Not forgetting that for VM to test the line the Hub will need to be in Router Mode.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@MikeRobbo wrote:

Not forgetting that for VM to test the line the Hub will need to be in Router Mode.

Good point Mike.

Also the OP needs to enable echo requests (Pings) on the Netgear as the BQM is not working (Full red).