cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Done with Virgin Media

chrisbm
On our wavelength

that's it, i've had enough. our area (15 / nw3) has been having problems since february, and in the last few months goes out for hours / days at a time.

as i type this, it's down yet again with a fix date of 4 days from now. I've had to pay EE another £22 p/m for a sim to use in a 4g router just so i can get any work done. that's on top of the £60 p/m i pay virgin.

as soon as this contract is up i'm moving to g.network. 6 months of terrible area problems with no fix in sight is unacceptable.

been a customer for 20 years, but everything comes to an end i guess

80 REPLIES 80

chrisbm
On our wavelength

well, two engineers came and screwed an attenuator into the back of the SH4, which they said would help bring power levels within range, "but it won't help with the problems in the area, obviously"

speedtesting after this doesn't seem to show any significant difference at the comparable time of day

IMG_87D1DFC7FB92-1.png

I met a nice chap on holiday that had used VM and used 4G as backup.  He had dropped VM in favour of unlimited 4G that is now common and cheaper than VM.  I have had enough of this poor service, and as soon as I have 4G in place that's it - over.  That beardy tw.t faced egit has had his last penny from me.  I cant believe they have got away with it for so long.  Joke is the cable box is just outside my house, and I have been connected for over 20 years (was ntl back then).  Well now we can all get broadband unlimited from the mobile companies the games over init?

Bye Bye Virgin.

chrisbm
On our wavelength

yeah, i did ask virgin for a data sim so i can at least have a fallback when the cable fails, instead of me having to pay EE, but of course that request was just ignored.

actually, now i think about it, I could pay EE or someone else more money for an unlimited data SIM and it would still be cheaper than VM. hmmm

Have just purchased mifi unlimited from 3 for £11 per month, first 6 months, rising to £22 per month for following 18 months.  Has the added benefit of being able to take it with me when travelling.  Now am cancelling the '100mbit/s' contract that is costing £43 per month and often hardly works.  I have never had 100mbit/s and not even close the minimum of 45mbit/s advertised.  More like 10 on a good day.

I did have a 3 mifi on a 15gig per month limit when my kids were small but their needs quickly exceeded this allowance, but otherwise it was excellent.

chrisbm
On our wavelength

do you have a link for that?

Hi chrisbm,

Hope you don't mind my weighing in on your thread ... I've been with virgin for many years and had numerous issues. My service (TV, Broadband) was completely out for four days recently, no apology from Virgin, not that I was expecting one, nor have they even given a token refund, again no surprise.

Between constant issues that when you ring it's a day out of your life just to speak with someone who only understands every 3rd word you say, and your lucky if you can understand them at all, all they can do is go through a script: turn it off then on, unplug this, plug it back in, yadda yadda, or you use the ironically named 'live chat' which I imagine is some dusty computer that couldn't keep a 1960's Casio watch going for more than two mins. Makes me wonder how long it will be before the reason for an issue is that Mercury isn't in conjunction with Mars 🙄

Channels are vanishing with a little too much regularity while prices keep rising.

I never had these issues with Sky, which is why I have no intention of staying with a company that couldn't care less about its customers. It astounds me that they think they can keep hold of loyal customers, it's only a matter of time I think before the disillusioned customers outweigh the satisfied ones, then Virgin will go the way of the abacus. 

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

chrisbm
On our wavelength

nice. £10 p/m for an unlimited data SIM (I already have an LTE modem)

Screenshot 2021-09-02 at 08.07.31.png

cje85
Trouble shooter

Bear in mind it's only £10 a month for 6 months then £20.

Get a PAYG SIM from Three to test out the performance in your area before committing to anything. It can vary hugely around the country, a bit like VM! Their 5G performance can be amazing but some areas are stuck on heavily congested 4G.

chrisbm
On our wavelength

indeed. EE is strongest round here, which is why i have them for my back up SIM.

Still, an unlimited 5G EE SIM is only £35 p/m... whereas my VM is £60 p/m

Screenshot 2021-09-02 at 09.52.29.png