Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Dodgy internet (especially when it rains)

I have been beating my head against the wall trying to fix my broadband and other things for a few weeks now. Getting fed up. I've been through lots of attempts at help with some helpful people on here and the rather useless text help line. I've been around in circles many times and nothing has made any difference. The problem is not in my control.

The broadband speed is tremendously variable. One minute the 200Mbps I should be getting, the next only 5Mbps. It doesn't matter what I connect through - wifi or ethernet - I get the same problem. It's worse when it is wet outside, implying it is water ingress somewhere.

I had an engineer out last week to fix the phone side of my system as it was very crackly. He switched it onto the telephone port of the router but didn't touch the roadside box. I described the issue to him and he agreed it was likely to be water ingress there and would need a replacement part, but that wasn't what he was here to fix.

Trying to get support through the phone is virtually impossible. My only hope is that it will be picked up on here quicker.

Ian

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/e722912b3bc3c08662ac949b431b8d35f6...

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dodgy internet (especially when it rains)

I will flag for VM to contact you here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi iwilliamsd, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the connection, I will send you a private message so that this can be looked into further for you. Chris 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi iwilliamsd, thanks for the message and we are glad that this is on the way to becoming resolved, please let us know if you need anything further. Chris 

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The VM technician found a loose connection in the roadside cabinet, tightened it, did other checks and all seems OK now. Speed and ping etc. all back to within acceptable limits.

Thanks for the help.

Ian

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi iwilliamsd, thanks for contacting us and explaining that this is now resolved. Please let us know if you need anything further, Chris

0 Kudos