cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Docsis 3.1 upstream channel for LE3 area, how long?

chrcoluk
Fibre optic

Is there a known date for the new upstream channels to appear in LE3? currently gig1 upload speeds drop to about 35mbit during evening hours.

Just four 3.0 channels.

7 REPLIES 7

unisoft
Well-informed

@chrcoluk wrote:

Is there a known date for the new upstream channels to appear in LE3? currently gig1 upload speeds drop to about 35mbit during evening hours.

Just four 3.0 channels.

Good to know it isn't just CT16 3 area that had the "Area work to improve your connection" some weeks ago and saw no disconnections in that time and no extra DocSIS 3.0 upstream or DocSIS 3.1 upstream. Was beginning to think it was just our area missed!

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi chrcoluk

Thanks for raising the question in regards to the upstream channels, are you trying to view these view the Hub UI? 

We will get this looked into further.

Rob

@Robert_P wrote:

Hi chrcoluk

Thanks for raising the question in regards to the upstream channels, are you trying to view these view the Hub UI? 

Rob

Yes but because the hub5 doesnt show 3.1 channels, I was checking for the 5th 3.0 channel and for the US 3.1 channel in the log, so I can confirm I dont have the new channels and do get slowdown on uploads during the evenings, thank you for looking into this for me.

@chrcoluk wrote:

@Robert_P wrote:

Hi chrcoluk

Rob

Yes but because the hub5 doesnt show 3.1 channels, I was checking for the 5th 3.0 channel and for the US 3.1 channel in the log, so I can confirm I dont have the new channels and do get slowdown on uploads during the evenings, thank you for looking into this for me.

My area went finally live yesterday! This resulted in short loss of internet but this time my house and a friend's house 3 miles away got no email, postal letter or SMS sent advising of area work like last 2 occasions. It was only because I checked in Virgin Media Status web page that there was a note about it.

Perhaps you are still on the list to do?

Also check if you have a "forward path attenuator" fitted at the back of the hub. Apparently, these are legacy and can affect DocSIS 3.1 frequencies in some areas and newer ones don't weaken the higher end frequencies as much as the lower ones which are stronger.

@unisoft wrote:

@chrcoluk wrote:

@Robert_P wrote:

Hi chrcoluk

Rob

My area went finally live yesterday! This resulted in short loss of internet but this time my house and a friend's house 3 miles away got no email, postal letter or SMS sent advising of area work like last 2 occasions. It was only because I checked in Virgin Media Status web page that there was a note about it.

Perhaps you are still on the list to do?

Also check if you have a "forward path attenuator" fitted at the back of the hub. Apparently, these are legacy and can affect DocSIS 3.1 frequencies in some areas and newer ones don't weaken the higher end frequencies as much as the lower ones which are stronger.

No attenuator, and yes my query is to check I am on a to do list.

This can be closed now, I have an answer from VM (not coming to my area, spectrum not available at hub site).

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unfortunately the board software does not allow for ‘closing’ of posts. They remain until archived. This can lead to people adding to posts many months later!

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2