Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Dial up speed

Hi. I’ve been monitoring my dial up speed for a while now (at various times of the day and also varying how many devices are in use) and the max speed I get is approx 36mbps (can’t even watch a movie on Disney Life without it buffering several times). 

When I joined Virgin media back in July ‘17 I joined in the M50 package so the speed mentioned above would be about right (min guaranteed speed) but I’ve been on the M100 package for 12+ months which states min guaranteed dial up of 58mbps.

I’ve contacted the help line this morning and was told I should be getting 108mbps 😳 and the operative tried putting me through to tech but I got no-one and instead went back ‘into the loop’ (first loop took me 30+ mins to get through so couldn’t hold the line for the same amount of time). 

Can anybody point me in how to get things corrected please?  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dial up speed

how are you testing the speed? wifi or ethernet?
speed tests should only be carried out via ethernet.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dial up speed

Hi gammoguard,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry that you're not receiving the speeds you'd expect from us recently. I can appreciate that you're keen to have this resolved as soon as possible. 

I've had a look at the backend of your services, and been unable to find any issues for the services entering your property.

As chenks has said, we'd like to know whether you're testing via ethernet or WiFi? We'd recommend performing a wired speed test via speedtest.net and posting the results here if possible?

If you are having any issues with your wireless connection then please take a look at our WiFi wins here as this will advise on how to improve the connection in your home.

I'd like some more data from your side, so can you set up a BQM here. We'd advise leaving this to run for at least 24 hours. You can either provide screenshots or a live link to the results.

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos