cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Damaged external Virgin media wall box

keanie
On our wavelength

I live in a block of flats and we have a two virgin brown external wall boxes attached to one side of the building, last Friday some idiots decided it would be a great idea to vandalise one of them and tear it and all the connecting wires off the wall.

Thankfully I was able to get the three properties connected to this box reconnected to to network by replacing all the connecting cables myself and taping them up so they are protected from the elements.

I booked an engineer appointment which was scheduled for tomorrow 15/09, which Virgin have cancelled today as the system is showing I have a working connection (Which I do)

Issue is that currently all the wiring to the building is strewn across the road and the brown box is damaged beyond repair and all of the connectors to each property are protected by electrical tape to keep them dry but are still exposed.

I have called into the call centre today and again explained the issue to them and they have booked in an engineer to visit on the 4th on October to look at the issue (Only available slot)

I don't require a visit to my property as all the work is needed to be undertaken outside, but I am  more concerned about the health and safety aspect of having trailing wires all over a busy pavement that could cause people to trip over, I have tidied up the wiring as much as I can but the way it is positioned and the sheer amount of wiring means it cant be put away tidily, there is also issue of potential water ingress could cause mine and my neighbours connection to the network to drop off.

Is there anyway an engineer can come out sooner to repair all the outside damage?

1 REPLY 1

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @keanie

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry to hear about what's happened.

I will send you a private message now so I can get some further details securely please.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide