cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Damage to virgin media external brown box

jonwilliams55
Joining in

My roadside cable box has had the cover removed/stolen and as a result have exposed wires. Concerned that the wires could get damaged, how do I get a replacement box?

My other issue is my street has a lot of kids on it they're pretty god but play football in the street and the wires are contently being hit or knocked how can i arrange a engineer to fix the box/cover  

5 REPLIES 5

Martyn
Up to speed

afaik you can call 150 and they will get someone out to sort it for you!

Connection: Virgin FTTP Gig2 (XGSPON)

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Post up a photo to allow VM to assess the parts needed.  If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod will pick this up and arrange.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @jonwilliams55,

Welcome back to the Community Forums an thanks for the post.

In order for me to get this correctly raised for you, can you please provide us a picture of the cabinet, the nearest house number and the postcode in which it resides in.

Once I have this I can flag it to the appropriate team to get this repaired.

Thanks. Joe

As requested find photo attached, the house number is [removed] postcode sa11 1nf

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

20230509_160730.jpg

Apologies for the confusion here @jonwilliams55 we would need to pop you over a PM to confirm some details so we can arrange an engineer for this to be fixed for you.

I'll send this now.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules