Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Daily Upload Speeds Less Than Zero - Area 20

Hi,

The engineer called James who is on these forums told me last weekend that there was a known fault in area 20 with a resolution date of 14/04.  Another engineer has visited a nearby property today with the same issues and he wasn't aware of any known issues or resolution dates. Could anyone let me know if there is still a known issue and whether the target resolution date is still 14/04?

These issues are making the connection unusable for work, screenshot:

123.jpg

Thanks

Nick

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Daily Upload Speeds Less Than Zero - Area 20

Have you checked for “known network faults”?
As well as trying the “check service,” weblink (at the top of this forum board), there is also a Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Service Status web page) - that may give you more info.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have started having this problem tonight also in area 20. 0800 number says no issues. I have unplugged and started router again without any improvement. Have had over 90 since moving in In November 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Do a quick check that all of your coax connections are in nice and "finger" tight at the Hub and wall box and at any splitters/attenuators/etc with no “unterminated loose ends, and that the internal wiring is ok with no kinking or chaffing. Also check that all looks good with the outside cabling and wall box.

Then, You could try a factory reset – a lot of the VM techies are suggesting it as a first option.

A reset on aHub3 can be a bit problematic - so do it EXACTLY this way (not as the VM website says!).
Firstly, make sure the Hub's sticker/card with the two passwords on it is still there and legible or you will be stuffed ! If its not – DON’T DO IT !

With the Hub "on" disconnect any ethernet connections and push in the pin on the back/side/bottom of the Hub with the end of a paperclip/thin nail or similar (bigger items like ball point pen ends may not press it in far enough) until you feel it at the “stop point” and hold it there firmly for a "timed" minimum of 60 seconds do NOT restart the Hub after that. Leave it 5' or so to stabilise and then your passwords/passphrase for both the Hub settings and the Wifi networks will revert to the two printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/card. Make sure you use the wifi one for devices connecting to the wifi and the settings one to access the Hub.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info John, didn’t know about the 0800 number. I’ve had a new modem since these issues started and they haven’t improved. Seems to be affecting numerous households, just very frustrating that it’s not listed as an issue on the status page...

Nick

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No issues registered on the status line either 😡

Nick

0 Kudos