Menu
HarryDixon
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Customer Service Nightmare 🤐

Hopefully someone can help.... 

I had an install 10 days ago and have a series of problems:

1.  Cowboy installers, anything for a quick job, return visit by rectification team almost as bad. 

2.  Broadband speed not achieving speed.promised, I signed up for 350 speed. Has never gone over 200 in the 10 days, 5 calls now to tech support., all done exactly the same reset, nothing has changed. 1st 4 offered to call back, never happened. No 5 told me by 1 Yr old laptop unable to receive more than 200 speed (feel like this is bulls**t) advised talk to customer service.  Also offered me a bill credit., nothing happened. 

3.  Customer service put me on hold twice, each time come off hold to another person, who knows nothing about what I told to other people. I do not want to pay for a service I apparently can not achieve. 

4.  Free gift - no one will discuss the free TV I signed up for, apparently it will just arrive on day 28 but there is no tracking number and I will be at work. 

5.  I am still within my 14 days cooling off period and think leaving will be my best option, all I want to to talk to someone who is prepared to Listen to me and have a sensible conversation on next steps.

Have probably spent more than 12 hours on phone calls trying to sort this. Why oh why did I fall for this?

Any advice would be greatly welcolmed, 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Customer Service Nightmare 🤐

Call “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-5 "Thinking of leaving" - they are open Monday – Friday, 8am - 8pm and on Saturday from 8am - 6pm. – [early is best!]) you will get a UK call centre who are more flexible. Tell them you are thinking of cancelling because of these problems - and they will try and sort it for you (as it’s their job to keep customers).

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Your title is correct, unfortunately. 

Virgin Media is a bit of a lottery now. 

When it is working it is a great product. But if you have a problem you will find that customer service has been cut to the bone. 

0 Kudos
griffin
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

What is the make \ model of the laptop?

Are you connecting it wired or wirelessly to the Hub?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi HarryDixon

Welcome to our community forum pages and thank you for posting.

We are sorry to hear that you have experienced several issues since your installation and we are sorry that the level of service you have received hasn't met the expected standard. 

We'd like to help on here as much as possible.

With regards to the installation can you tell us exactly what happened?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Many thanks. 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos