Menu
Davidrvv79
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Crap internet service

Hi 

I've finally given up with the hope that Virgin internet is fixed and I recieve a average speed rather than 1mb download speed which I've been getting constantly for days. They are not upholding their end of the contract so am I in my rights to terminate?

Cheers

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Crap internet service

Firstly have you checked first for “known network faults”

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

If nothing shows there can you post up all the data from the Hub settings as shown in many other posts on this forum.

Also, do you get network disconnections or is it just speed issues - and are they only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Crap internet service

Hi @Davidrvv79,

Welcome back to our Community Forums. Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with your speeds!

Would you be able to keep us updated on this issue and let us know what speeds you're receiving on a wired connection? 

Have you taken a look at our Service Status page or the Service Status Automated line on 0800 561 0061 as @jbrennand suggested?

Have you taken a look at our Speeds page for more information about speeds?

Please keep us updated on this issue. 

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos