cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cooling off period and upgrading to Gig1

Blakey47
On our wavelength

Quick question,

Now I have a hub 5, I noticed I can upgrade from 500mb broadband to Gig1 for an additional £7 a month

I am tempted, but, what I want to know is if I find the speed increase isn't worth it and I don't see the benefit of it as an existing customer can I call and cancel the upgrade and go back to the 500mb broadband using the 14 day cooling off policy?

Or does the cooling off policy not apply to just speed upgrades as there is no change of hub or other equipment involved

I am aware that I would obviously pay the difference in price for the days that I was using the higher speed.

Also, if I went ahead with it, as there is no change of equipment involved - how long does it take to get the faster speeds?

Thankyou

4 REPLIES 4

Blakey47
On our wavelength

Would their chat thing be able to confirm this?

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

What benefit do you expect from moving from 500Mb to 1Gb ?

Unless you have some very extreme application, the only difference you would notice is your bank balance getting lower each month. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Blakey47
On our wavelength

With several online gamers in the house at the same time I'm thinking that the improved upload speed would be as much of a benefit as the extra download speeds.

If it doesn't give any benefit then I'd want to go back to the 500 but I just wanted to make sure I could use their cooling off period to do this or would I be automatically tied in because I'm an existing customer and no equipment would be changed 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The limiting factor with gaming is not speed but latency. The higher speed service has just the same latency. 

Read the Gaming section of this forum and see what people with the 1Gb service think about it. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.