Menu
FosterFX
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Constant slow speeds!

I have tried several times now to get in contact only to be fed the same old basic checks.

I am on the 108mbps package and for the past 2 weeks now i do not get more than 30.

I have rebooted the Hub 3 router, gone through all the checks, done service checks (no issues found), used the app to detect black spots throughout the house and all show fine.

I run powerline adaptors so i can connect my pc through ethernet but the issue is across all devices in the home whether wired or wireless.

Honestly dont know what to do next.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
conman33158
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant slow speeds!

Powerline adapters are not a great thing to use as the speeds can vary quite often.

What speed do you get on https://speedtest.samknows.com/ with direct wired connection from PC/Laptop to router using a Cat 5e cable or better?

Also, have you tried resetting the powerline adapters and a factory reset on the Hub? Hold in the pinhole at the rear of the Hub for at least 50 seconds and then release (the lights will flash while holding in the pinhole reset button after about 10-15 seconds) then allow 5 minutes for the router to reboot and re-sync the connection.
Please ensure that your WiFi network password is still readable on the Hub sticker before you do this or that you at least have a copy of your original network password 🙂

***********************************************************************************************************************************
BT Full Fibre 900 FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U to Openreach ONT Box & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant slow speeds!

Hi @FosterFX

Welcome back to the forum page and thanks for posting this on here. 

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with your hub but we can certainly look into this for you. 

Would you mind just carrying out what @conman33158 has advised so then we can get a better idea of what we are working with here. 

I do understand you have carried out multiple reboots but we do want to see if a pin hole reset improves anything. Once you have done this please do let us know and we can take a further look into your account for you. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos