cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant slow speed

Sharon1965
Joining in

Hi, 

I have M100 broadband package, but my speed is usually nowhere near the advertised speed, or even half of it. I have run several speed tests at various times of the day and in various places around my house. 
I have followed the virgin media recommendations for reset etc but to no avail. 
I have a Hub 3.

please help. 

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Are the speed issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables?

If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

Wifi speeds aren't guaranteed and will usually will be way less than that on ethernet cable - if usin the Hub wifi and not your own equipment

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Sharon1965,

Welcome to our Community Forum! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some speed issues! That is not ideal at all?

Thank you to @jbrennand for asking some amazing questions! Please let us know what the answers are.

Have you taken a look at our Speed Test page? What speeds are you receiving on a wired connection?

Are you experiencing this issue on one device or on all devices?

Please let us know some further details so we can find the cause of this issue.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, 

the slow speed is on all devices and all around the house. 

regards

sharon

What about wired devices? (laptop connected with ethernet cable)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7