Menu
etherman
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Constant Wifi Issues

Habe been having constant iasues with wifi fir months. Recieved a new hub this week and after install it worked for a day and now back to the same issue. Having to reset the router seberal times a day. Infuriating and will be switching if this isnt sorted ASAP.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant Wifi Issues

What issues?

Does a wired connection work?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
etherman
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Wifi constantly dropping out. Wired connection doesnt work either, not that it would be much use to me is it did.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

OK
Just note that WiFi speeds and connectivity aren't guaranteed as part of your contract.

Post back as text the network, upstream and downstream logs from the hubs admin pages

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
etherman
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that. I need an official response from Virgin, not someone unofficially working for them. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You've posted on a community forum - this isn't a hotline to speak to a VM member of staff.

If you want to speak to someone directly then you need to call up or use the SMS service.

0 Kudos
etherman
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Its not a community forum, read the url. The customer service route is pointless, Ive tried many times. And you arent convincing anyone. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@etherman wrote:

Its not a community forum, read the url. The customer service route is pointless, Ive tried many times. And you arent convincing anyone. 

This URL?: https://community.virginmedia.com/

Might be worth reading this as well: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/help/faqpage 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi etherman,

As Gary correctly stated, this is first and foremost a Community forum, we help each other. 

The vast majority of the problems on here are solved by the community members, especially the networking and wifi issues.

There is an immense amount of experience and knowledge on tap from the learned members, and they enjoy helping others. 

You will receive a faster response from the Community members.There are a few VM Staff on here and they help when online, mainly when it's to do with internal systems which community members don't have access to.

You will receive far help and support here, than you would from Virgins offshore support staff, and either a resolution to your connection problems or guidance in the right direction.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hey etherman,

As the community members have stated, please could you provide the upstream and downstream logs from your hubs network stats page, this can help us determine what the issues are and how to resolve them.

The community members play a massive part in this and always provide guidance on how to resolve issues or escalate the issues to our team to resolve them.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos