cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consistently slow upload speed (0.2Mbps)

mikeyam
Joining in

Hi all

I am using M100 broadband plan. Download speed and latency is mostly ok. However, recently I always experience slow upload speed. It is consistently 0.2Mbps no matter I run the VM speed test during day time or late night.

mikeyam_2-1642165508270.png

I tried to restart and even factory reset the Hub 3.0. Sometimes the upload speed can go back to 10Mbps as advertised.  However after some hours or next day, it drops to 0.2Mbps again...

It creates issue when I am on web meeting. It takes minutes for just sending 3MB image!

Is there any solution? Does VM cap customer's upload speed lower than advertised?

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM do not cap speeds up or down.

However can you post your power levels and network logs.  Also setup a BQM here www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Once done we can comment .  Thanks.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

mikeyam
Joining in

The slow upload speed issue is resolved by the link below

https://www.tenforums.com/virtualization/183576-very-slow-up-download-speeds-hyperv-external-switch-...
"disable large send offload (for IPV4 and IPV6) from the external vethernet switch that is bridged (not the default vethernet switch)."

Not sure the reason but my desktop has a Hyper-V VM. After disable the large send offload in the vethernet. Everything back to normal.