Menu
BarneyReynolds
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Consistently slow broadband

I have broadband speeds which are fluctuating between around 2mbps and 330mbps. The box outside isn't sealed. But I think there's more of a problem with the consistency of the broadband speed since even when it hasn't been raining the speed runs down to slow speeds most of the day. Can you help?

0 Kudos
BarneyReynolds
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Consistently slow broadband

the download speed is currently 3.4. Last night it was 2.8. This is also the speed when I connect directly, not through the router.
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

What do you mean “not through the router”?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
BarneyReynolds
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry - was being confusing. Ignore that bit. the point is the speed is unbelievably slow.
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @BarneyReynolds

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - sorry that you seem to be having some issues with your broadband speeds at the moment. 

I've not been able to locate your account currently so unable to do any additional checks currently - are you still having these speed issues this week? 

Can you advise what speed you are getting on a direct wired connection for us?
When did you last reboot?
Have you checked for any known area issues here

You also mention that the box outside is not sealed - can you advise what box? Is this the one on the front of your house or a street cabinet? 

We're more than happy to help you out but just need a bit more information so we can do that!. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos