Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Consistently slow broadband

For over a week now my broadband (East Midlands) has been consistently slow. My speedtests rarely go above 5 or 6mpbs down, and I doubt my connection is even reaching that with the actual download speeds I'm getting. I have the M200m fibre broadband package and use a wired connection.

Is this a capacity problem or is there something I can do other than change providers?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Consistently slow broadband

You could try a factory pinhole reset on the Hub – a lot of the VM techies on here are suggesting it as a first option. Hold the pin in for 60 seconds.

Also, do a quick check that all of your coax connections are in nice and "finger" tight at the Hub and wall box and at any splitters/attenuators/etc with no “unterminated loose ends, and that the internal wiring is ok with no kinking or chaffing. Also check that all looks good with the outside cabling and wall box.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos