Menu
Gamey75
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Consistent upload speeds below 1mbps

Unable to play games, video call etc. A decent download speed is irrelevant when the upload speed is less than 1mbps which makes the Internet unusable unless just watching TV. Even then it's been terrible on occasions. Any suggestions or can I get a refund? Worst Internet experience I have ever had. Even my 8mbps line I had 10 years ago was better and more reliable. Such inconsistent speeds which interrupt normal viewing and use. I honestly now just use my mobile connection in preference.

0 Kudos
conman33158
Super solver
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Consistent upload speeds below 1mbps

Can you please upload your router stats and set up a BQM

Type 192.168.0.1 or (192.168.100.1 if you have your Hub in Modem mode) into your address bar at the top of your browser

Do NOT log in, just click “Check Router Status” at the bottom of the page. Sometimes the “Check Router Status” is missing, in this case just go ahead and log in and go to Advanced Settings-> Tools-> Network Status.

Please copy and paste the contents of the Downstream, Upstream, Configuration and Network Log tabs, if you get a yellow warning just click the Post button again.

Do not try to fit everything in one post! You can use more than one post for each item if needed!

If you get a warning when you hit “Post” just hit “Post” again and it should work ok!

Please do not use screenshots

Also can you please setup a Broadband Quality Monitor (BQM) at thinkbroadband.com. Just click on Create a new monitor.

Under your graph you just created Click (Share Live Graph)

Copy the text in the “Direct Link” box and paste it on here

***********************************************************************************************************************************
BT Full Fibre 900 FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U to Openreach ONT Box & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
0 Kudos
Gamey75
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

By the way this has been happening to most other virgin service users in this area EX2 7FP. We have been getting poor or no Internet for some time despite engineers coming out last few days.

It feels like what's happened is someone has complained about download speeds the system has been tweaked and now there is interrupted pings and up to zero upload.

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Well if you follow the excellent advice from @conman33158 then somebody will take a look for problems on your connection.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Gamey75
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately I do not have time to follow and diagnose vigins Internet problems I expect their engineers to do this for us which they have failed to do. I expect them to give the service that I pay for. So do you recommend all of us in this estate follow your instructions individually? So you have implied this issue is our fault not virgins.

Unfortunately what I require is customer service. Could anyone please let me know how I can webchat or phone them.

0 Kudos
conman33158
Super solver
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Best to ring Virgin on or just after 8am on 0345 454 1111 or alternatively you can wait here for a Virgin staff member to pick it up, but unfortunately this will typically be between 5-10 days, sometimes sooner, sometimes later depending on how busy they are. If you decide to call it in it will run through a few automated options and after that ring back again and it should recognise that you have rang previously and then put you in the queue for a Virgin representative.

BT Full Fibre 900 FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U to Openreach ONT Box & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
0 Kudos
Gamey75
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Screenshot_20210516-105550_Samsung Internet.jpg

0 Kudos
Gamey75
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Screenshot_20210516-105356_Samsung Internet.jpg

0 Kudos
conman33158
Super solver
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If you want to wait for a Virgin staff member to pick it up, try not to bump the thread as this will throw you further down the list 🙂

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Gamey75 

Thank you so much for your post and I am so sorry to see you are facing these issues with your upload speeds. 

I have a had a look into your account and I am so sorry to say there is currently an outage identified that is estimated to be fixed on the 25th of May at 3pm. I understand that this may not be the exact cause of your issue, but it could be a factor and we cannot fully diagnose your equipment until this is fixed. 

Could you pop back after the 25th to let us know how things are looking? Thank you and so sorry again. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos