Menu
Majid645
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Connection

Hi having connection issue even tho speed is very good any suggestions would like to add it’s been like this for a few months now prior to this had no problems at all 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection

By issues - do you mean "drop-outs". if so, are they only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

What Hub is it and what are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Majid645

Welcome to the forum page and thanks for posting this on here. 

Sorry to hear you're having some connection issues, we can certainly look into this for you. 

If you could just elaborate on the issue as @jbrennand has advised as well that would be fab just so we can get a clearer understanding on the issue here. 

We can then look into this for you as to what could be causing an issue. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Majid645
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou for replying. Ok so my connection speed is usually over 200mb and I have a SweetSpots app which also shows that’s the connection is very good but it’s still getting disconnected even with a hard wired connection I’m having issues. I’d like to point out that the problem is with multiple devices ie. iphones tablets and Samsung smart tv I never had an issue before and the router has always been in the same place. It seems a router reboot is a temporary solution also I do check service status locally and that is always fine.I have Wi-Fi boosters too but still the same problem. Lastly my router hub3 has recently been replaced but no change. 

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for replying back to us @Majid64, 

So from taking a look at your account via you forum information, I can see that you actually do have an outage in your area which is most likely the reason for these drop outs. 

I appreciate this isn't ideal at all but I can assure you our team are working on this to get it fixed ASAP. 

The estimated fix time is 6/04/2021 at 3pm. 

Would you please be able to update me on this date if this is fixed. If not I will happily look into this further 🙂 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Majid645
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Do you mean 4th June?

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, 

Sorry I meant the 6th May 2021.

My bad very sorry! That's my Friday brain talking. 

Would you be able to keep me updated though on this date? 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

0 Kudos
Majid645
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hahaha ok thanks I’ll wait till then and update you 

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Perfect thank you! 

Have a lovely weekend @Majid645

Speak to you soon! 

Sasha - Forum Team

0 Kudos