Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Connection unstable

Hi, today I had my modem changed for the second time in a week, I've been having problem since my first installation on April 11th.

Now with this new modem the speed seems to be ok but I noticed that, after a couple of hours I have to switch it off/on in order to make it working again.
Any idea how could I resolve the issue? The technician checked the cabinet today and said the didn't find any problem, neither in the cables, everything works ok for them but how it is possible that after hours I get speed of 20/30Mbs while before I was getting 250/300Mbs?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection unstable

Are yo testing on wifi or ethernet cable - connected devices?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

WiFi, tried the ethernet in front of the technician and the speed was so bad, around 30/40Mbs, he said it was a problem of my computer but I don't think so.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Axper,

Thanks for your post and reaching out to the community forums. I'm having a look at your connections and can see no ongoing issues or any problems in the area. Is this occurring on one device or multiple devices? Which device is currently connected by Ethernet? We also recommend trying our Connect App which will help diagnose and optimise your home's connections. You can fidn out more here, virg.in/connectapp

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos