Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Connecting to new cable and moving equipment

Hello all
we had Virgin’s biggest household bundle with 516 mbps connected in to our house in last august. When engineer came he connected the service with the existing cable already run in the house which he said is not virgin cable we wanted him run the new cable but He advised us to run new cable and he will come back and reconnect the high speed service in his convenience.. We contacted virgin media about very very slow speed (about 20mbps in average forever) then and they sent us WiFi extender instead but it didn’t help us at all. Sometime we are without the service as service even goes dead sometime We have now run new virgin cable and want virgin service connected to this new cable so we are trying to contact virgin for many days but they their automatic service is saying no call centre is open but when my one of my friend contacted them to install their service they were straight way ready to come out and install. It sounds they have contradictory covid policy driven by greed. I am sorry if being rude. For my daughters education internet is an essential service. We can’t live without service. Can anyone advise me what needs to be done to contact them? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connecting to new cable and moving equipment

Please reply to my post? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Why is no one interested to respond? 
i am in real trouble In terms of speed. It is hampering my daughters education.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

VM forum staff member will take a few days to get to your post as they deal with oldest posts first, I have some concerns as VM should have run the cable as they do not use customer installed cable as the engineer doesn't know the specifications of that cable.

Due too that I have escalated to the VM forum team, one of the VM staff will be along in this thread to resolve it for you after 8am.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Urmila

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am very sorry to hear of the cabling issue. I've booked in a technician for you now so will PM you for the date etc.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi, @Urmila

PM has been sent with the date of the engineer visit. You can also track/reschedule if needed to via your Online Account

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

• Hi John Thank you for the prompt response. Your help is highly appreciated.
      The engineer visited the property and connected the service to virgin cable.However, it didn’t solve the problem. When engineer connected the service wifi speed was around 400mbps.I thought new cabling had immediate effect and was hopeful everything is sorted but today it was down to Zero to 5 or 6mbps all day even next to the hub.just now  it went up to 400mbps and down to zero in seconds.why does it go up abd 
    suddenly drops to zero making her unable to download the university live lecture. Ethernet connection also had same problem. The service completely stops working intermittently. My daughters live lesson today has badly hampered. She has got an exam tomorrow, she is so much stressed out now if it will be disconnected during the exam agian. Is any kind of upgrade available if there is I am ready for that. Please advise me how can I sort this problem out. I am on 516 mbps (highest available speed) plan for households. 
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Urmila, thanks for the message. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the service. Can you confirm that this is the case as we cannot see any issues with the area. I will send you a private message to get some account details from you. Chris 

0 Kudos