Menu
Dutchroger1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Compensation no internet

Seems a bit of a strange title for a forum. I am supposed to have 100mmbs. Never gets any where near it. Best is about 30mbps. Now I have had no service since saturday 5 days. Tried to find out how the get compensation as I have been left without a service or one that comes and goes. Also told by the call centre that there is an issue in my area since april. There is no where to claim compensation for lack of service or poor service. How do I submit a claim for poor or no service.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Compensation no internet

Automatic compensation schemes are on hold by OFCOM.

Are you referring to wired or wireless speeds?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Dutchroger1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Both speeds are not near the stated 100mbs. 

And now we have not had internet since saturday night. With my son trying to do his uni exams and my wife who is a teacher trying to do her work. We have had to resort to hotspot tethering on mobile phones to work.

I thought there was a way to get compensation for no sevice but it appears there is not.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Have you reported the fault? Arranged an engineer?

What are the lights on the hub currently doing?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Dutchroger1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Engineer is coming tomorrow. Still had no internet since Saturday night. Never get suppose 100mbs. 

Absolutely no use calling up as get the same unhelpful answers and no compensation for not being supplied the sevice I am paying for. I am sure they would be on it realy quick if I stopped  paying. Yet the other way round and nothing happens.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Well no if you stopped paying they wouldn’t chase for it - your connection would be cut off and your debt passed onto a collection company to collect with markers on your credit files visible for 6 years  to any lender you apply for credit with. 

0 Kudos
Dutchroger1
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It would be nice if There was someone with some helpful information on how to get compensation for a service not sipplied

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It will be in your contract 

0 Kudos
Dutchroger1
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If you dont have anything useful input then why bother replying.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I’m not sure why you’re looking for something that doesn’t exist?

0 Kudos