forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
dannyuk1982
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Compensation for faulty internet

I had faulty internet for several weeks earlier this year - everything is fixed now, but I've just had my bill through and it's for the full amount despite my internet being useless during this time.

I messaged the person that helped me with the fault but was told it was an "Unsolicited Private Message" and to start a new post.

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Compensation for faulty internet

Best way to resolve this would be to call customer service direct or try updating your previous post.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
dannyuk1982
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - but I don’t have 5 hours to try and get through on the phone. Hopefully a mod will see this, not sure how to even find the old posts. Absolute farce of a company to try and contact sadly 😞

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Slow-broadband/m-p/4574435

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
dannyuk1982
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Matt!

Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Usually you'll need to raise a formal complaint with VM requesting compensation, because the contract doesn't specify any standards, and the automatic compensation scheme is very poor.  I would suggest that your case would rely on the Consumer Rights Act 2015, which requires all services to be provided with "reasonable skill and care".  Even then, I wouldn't expect VM's complaints process to be terribly effective, but you might get lucky.  If not, then you would need to escalate to the industry arbitration scheme, CISAS, reading their customer guidance carefully beforehand.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
dannyuk1982
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Amazing, so I can pay for 360/36mbps, they can supply 1mbps for a month, and that's all fine and they charge the full amount - brilliant.

They really, really need some competition...

0 Kudos