Menu
TG71
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Christmas ruined by poor Wifi

After 15 years as a Customer, enough is enough I think...

Anybody else had next to no Wi-Fi for 4 days & cannot speak to anyone holding for an hour....

My sons BIG Christmas present was a Nintendo Switch to play Fortnite on, but so far it’s the worst present in the world courtesy of awful Virgin Wifi & unbelievably saying no issues in my area with good service !!!!

To add insult to injury, I’ve been trying to speak to someone about changing my contract but again impossible so as it stands they expect me to pay more as not updates 30 days before expiry but as above, bloody impossible.  Had renewal issue last year as well ...

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Christmas ruined by poor Wifi

Are you having the same problems with ethernet cable connected devices ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

As Mike is suggesting, are your wired connections all ok? If so then getting your own wireless equipment will solve any wifi issues permanently, owned by you and will be transferable to any other BB suppliers kit should you move supplier.

Get either.....
(1) A Mesh System, (2) A Wireless router, (3) A Wireless access point or (4) A combination of (2) & (3).

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
TG71
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Yes - all was a joke until 29th
0 Kudos
TG71
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

LAN & Internet a joke over Xmas.

Son couldn't play new Switch with friends which is why bought to help with mental & lack of social issues caused by Covid over Xmas.

TV service also no help as anything recorded or requested on Demand wouldn't play..

Router re-set many times, tried only 1 device at a time, discounting all others. Tried all info on VM site, but all also proved a waste of 3 hours Xmas playtime with my son....   

The VM App did make me chuckle though, as while getting Upload speeds of circ 2mb with a 1oomb package & download speeds of less than 1mb, it kept telling me that I had good service hahaha.    Oh, gave up after 3 days of distress from the 24th December, as only help available unless you waited 2hours to speak to somebody without the knowledge to help further than follow the VM help on their site

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

What do you want to happen next on this community help forum?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
TG71
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Well Xmas Media Entertainment was ruined due my Son & I & thousands of other customers I hear,  so nothing done will bring back Virgin Media failing it’s customers over the most important Christmas ever with Covid ruining lives.

Not even not charging it’s failed customers for December Services would make a difference to me personally, as its done 

However, info on how I can actually get to drop my contract today with immediate effect due to financial issues would help?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

if you are in contract you will have to pay an EDF to leave.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Cancel in 2 ways - but as said check what "exit fee" you will have to pay.

1. Call 150 from a VM phone or by dialling 0345 454 1111 options 1,1,4,4, from any phone - they are still picking up - calling at 08.00 is the best time to get through with no long wait

2. In writing to Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG. Include name address and all account details. Do it by registered mail with a receipt for signature on arrival.

Whatever you do DO NOT cancel your direct debit until the final bill has been settled or...

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/new-credit-file-default-affecting-mortgage-app...

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi @TG71 

there's a range of issues touched on in this thread - connection reliability, poor wifi, cost, and I'm not sure we're necessarily getting to the bottom of what you really want.  Cards on the table, what outcome do you want?  If we know that we can offer better advice to help you get that or close to it.  Also, depending on that outcome, we may need to ask you to do some tests or provide additional data, might seem complicated but we can talk you through that.

Where do you want to go with this?

Regards

Andrew

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks