Menu
Kchl25
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Choppy connection and Slow speed

Hi all,

So last night around 8pm my internet started becoming very laggy. I'm on 100Mbps package and prior to this point everything had been fine. Since the problem started, speedtests have been showing sub 100 speeds, of around 9-30Mbps.

Today, the internet has been cut off most of the day and only recently come back online but the issue is still there with the speed. Strangely, upload seems fine.

(speedtest is from cable powerline to my pc which previous tests had shown 100mbps speeds. Wifi shows similar speeds)

1.png

Nothing was happening when things went south yesterday so I don't know what the issue is. Everything was fine and then suddenly not. I have since restarted the hub a few times now and checked cables and all is fine.

Info from Router Status:

image.png

image.png

image.png

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Choppy connection and Slow speed

@Kchl25 Your image of the log has been rejected as it contains MAC addresses and this is against the forum rules, to protect your privacy.  If you copy and paste the log the forum should auto censor the MAC address for you.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Kchl25
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Choppy connection and Slow speed

Thanks SCA1972 but the issue has magically fixed itself this morning.

I'll keep note of your point next time though if it ever happens again.

I guess this thread could be considered 'closed'.

Thanks

0 Kudos