Menu
TEF
Tuning in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Charging fees under False Pretences - I have had enough!

Hello - I am so close to pulling out from VM after many years as i feel I am being right royally ripped off!

I am on the Big Bundle with M200 but am only ever gettiung 30MB downloads speeds and 20Mb upload. I have cjecked its the same with the LAN connection so nothing to do with my devices - its just very poor slow network speed! It regularly drops out and I give up watching films on catch up!

The screen shots requested on the community hints pages are below.

Annotation 2020-06-12 152803 - Down.jpgAnnotation 2020-06-12 152913 - Up.jpgAnnotation 2020-06-12 153006 - Log page 1.jpgAnnotation 2020-06-12 153107 - Log page 2.jpg

I am also thinking i need an equipment upgrade anyway as the TV is also mucking about with freezing and video noise probably a disk issue

I need help to stop me dropping VM - please anyone from VM want to keep me - fix my issues!

Thanks

Terry

0 Kudos
PaulPerlin
Joining in
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Charging fees under False Pretences - I have had enough!

Exactly the same thing has been happening with me for a long time. I'm wondering if i paid for the slower speed whether i'd actually get the same as i'm getting now, but pay less!

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi PaulPerlin,

Thanks for your post and I apologise for the various issues you're having with your broadband connection.

Upon looking at things from over here, I can see we have a problem with your downstream power levels. This will require an engineer visit to fix.

I have booked you in with the next available appointment.  Please find the appointment time slot via your online account. This can be cancelled and rearranged from there if needed.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
TEF
Tuning in
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Gareth_L I hope this response was to me TEF as the original poster and not the other chap who simply commented?

0 Kudos
TEF
Tuning in
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Gareth_L where in my account should i see my appointment? Nothing visible in My Orders?????

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hello TEF

Dont panic I was going to pick up yours next 

To access your account I will need to send you a private message 

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi TEF

Thanks for your details 

I have had a look and we can go about getting this fixed 2 ways 

First way send out new hub as the one you have right now is getting a bit old 

Second we could arrange for an engineer to attend who will swap hub over for you 

Both are free with no cost involved 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
TEF
Tuning in
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gareth_L

Whilst I am more than capable of installing the new Hub I think I would like an Engineer to come out and check the fibre to the property as well as change the hub please. I don't want to wait for a new hub to then see its no different and it may be a fibre issue - so I think an Engineer is best please.

Can I get a new TV box at the same time as its freezing and has what looks like disc noise in some programmes when I play back. 

Thanks

Terry

0 Kudos
SParkinson1
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

i think you will see that there are many people having speed issues and are getting fobbed off with your wifi is the problem, pc issues, walls are too thick blah, blah.

I have been on to their support 3 times in the last week and they finally agreed to send out a new hub but its made no difference. 

I have been a virgin customer for 20 years and never had any issues.

It started at the same time as they upgraded the service from 30mbs to 100mbs and may as well be on dial up modem. 

I finally managed to get them to send me a new hub in case it was the equipment but its looking more like its the network itself but they are just passing the buck back on to us.  

Seriously looking to go elsewhere as they are not taking it serious at all and totally pxxxed off.  

I am going to start charging them for my time and all the stress caused.  Can't work from home as the speed is too slow and resorting to working off my mobile data which performs better than the 100mbs broadband!!

Hope you get your problem sorted. 

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

WiFi speeds and connectivity aren’t guaranteed though, so “wifi is the problem, pc issues, walls are too thick blah, blah.” is likely factually correct. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos