Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Changing 'Optimal Server'

When I do a speedtest online on my devices it always tells me my optimal server is Manchester or Leeds. It gives me the option to run a speedtest on my closest server which is Stockton-on-Tees (Which is close to where I live). When I do this my Speeds go right up to what I would love my internet to be, especially since my hub is downstairs and I use the likes of Netflix, Amazon Prime Video upstairs. My firestick buffers all the time when I watch either of them apps and now my phone is starting to do the same. 

Is there anyway I can change my hub to receive its internet speeds from the closest server and have these faster speeds all the time?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changing 'Optimal Server'

Simple answer No.

>> Have a Read <<.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changing 'Optimal Server'

I think it sounds like you are having local wifi issues and if so the server is irrelevant.

To test that can you connect a computer/laptop directly to the Hub by an ethernet cable and test speeds that way.

Remember, VM (like other ISP's) don't guarantee wifi speeds - only those on ethernet connections are.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos