Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cancelled my account

So as of my previous post I have cancelled my account with immediate effect due to my broadband speed being garbage and the disgraceful customer service I have received since being with virgin!I for one will not be recommending virgin to any of my followers on youtube and instagram.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelled my account

Did you ever test the speeds in the way I suggested a week ago?

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Broadband-issues-again/m-p/4055503#M213052

If so what was the outcome?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes I did speeds barely reaching 50mb the service tech was a joke.Fitted wi fi boosters just in the hope that it was gonna fix the problem???but on top of that virgin did a catalogue of errors with my account which was a disgrace to put it mildly. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You need to call them and give 30days notice to cancel, you will also need to check out https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early... if you are still in contract, But if you truly have a fault of some kind you may be able to get out for free, If you dont call them and cancel tho you will start getting leffers from A debt collection group
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yeah I've already paid the disconnection fee as I was sick and tired of all of the hassle.the service tech that came out was pretty clueless to be honest and said it was hard to investigate fibre faults as you just check to see if a particular light is on.not like the old method of using your meter to test for dbs  

0 Kudos