Menu
rachaeljane
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can't speak to anyone at Virgin / Ultra slow speeds

I have the M200 Fibre Broadband package. I can barely get 1MB speed when I go to speedtest.net. Gone through all the checks everything seems to be working this end, but the speed is ridiculously slow, like dial up. It also keeps dropping out constantly. Can't get through on the phone to speak to a human at Virgin. This web page took an age to load! I use ethernet connection. Impossible to work from home or load any school videos for homeschooling too. Does anyone have any advice at all? Paying £68 per month for almost zero service from Virgin. Any help would be much appreciated, 

thank you

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can't speak to anyone at Virgin / Ultra slow speeds

What speeds do you get at >>  SamKnows << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E or better ethernet cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

Then immediately after …

Can you Login to the Hub Settings and navigate to the Connected Devices page - what is the reported 'connection speed’ for the ethernet cable connected device you used for the speed test ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
rachaeljane
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

thanks for your reply, I actually managed to get through and sort out the fault 🙂

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@rachaeljane wrote:

thanks for your reply, I actually managed to get through and sort out the fault 🙂

What was the fix ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
rachaeljane
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

They had to adjust settings at their end and also do a factory reset of the router, the settings fix helped the most 🙂

0 Kudos