cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t set up myVirgin Account

joannepgillard
Joining in

Our broadband has been hopeless since moving in. Really intermittent service & when I’ve tested using speed test apps - never even close to the M350 promised speeds. 

In order to solve this I want to use Virgin Media Connect. 

BUT I can’t set myself up with an account because my service area isn’t in the drop down list?

The email I received with account number & area code - had code 33. In the list it jumps from area 31 to 34.. 

As far as I can tell there is no way to speak to a human being at Virgin support numbers & the live chat Bots are useless unless you pick one of their drop down answers…

If anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it. Otherwise I guess I’ll just book a technician - somehow I have managed to be sent a link to book that in. 

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Forget the connect App for the time being. Can yo post up more details of what the issues are that you are experiencing.

Firstly... are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

Are you having disconnections as well as speed issues.

What are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @joannepgillard

Welcome to the community and thanks for your first post, we're happy to have you with us. 🙂 

I'm very sorry to hear you've been experiencing intermittent service and have had issues setting up your virgin account, I can appreciate this is frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Thanks for your assistance here @jbrennand, if you could you please expand on the service issues via answering the questions above this will help us figure out what the issue is due to. 

Have you managed to set up your My Virgin Media account? If not, let us know and we can drop you a PM to have a little look into this for you. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Sofia,

Thank you for your reply. No I still can’t set up my account & that really is the first problem I would like to solve - so many of the self service suggestions first tell me to sign into my account.

The trouble is I can’t register as I must have been sent incorrect information in my very first email. The area code I have been given (33) isn’t available in the drop down when I go to set up the account. 

I have also tried using the online test service (which didn’t require me signing in & that did detect intermittent issues with the service). 

I have a technician booked but now my son has tested positive for covid so I need to reschedule & the only way to do that is via my account (that I can’t register) or to reply to the text saying it has been fixed (which is hasn’t).

The customer journey really doesn’t work well as soon as you have an issue along the way. It all appears on the surface very streamlined & organised but there has to be a way for people to reach a real person to explain an issue that doesn’t fit into the buckets offered by the technology robots. 

If you are able to PM me to help with the account situation I would really appreciate that. 

Thanks,

Jo

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @joannepgillard.

Thank you for coming back to us. 

I will pop you over the aforementioned PM so that we can look at getting all this resolved. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M