Menu
liamv92
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can't Upgrade Broadband?

I'm on a contractless 30 day package, was 150Mbps then upgrades free to 200Mbps. I'd like to have a better package but I can't upgrade my speed without getting into a contract. Even just a 400-500mbps package broadband only would be nice but I'm stuck on what I have. Is there anything I can do? I don't want a contract but know you can get faster contractless deals. From what I see I'm on a phone line with Talk Weekends with this broadband speed.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't Upgrade Broadband?

no such thing as a contractless package. you are on a 3o day contract.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You can transfer to a new 30-day contract up to 350Mbps (I think is the max?) - but it is more expensive (see below from VM site) - unless you can negotiate a discount on that?
_________________________________________________________________________________

M350 Fibre Broadband

Average download speeds of 362Mbps
Average upload speeds of 21Mbps
The UK's fastest widely available broadband

Talk Weekends

£63 a month

On a 30 day rolling contract

(£80.00 upfront fee applies)

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
liamv92
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

30 day contract my mistake, I can see why they want people on a contract but I don't want to be forced to be on such a poor deal just due to contracts. I can't seem to upgrade mine to 350MBps without paying a activation fee and a One-off flexi fee as you said. Which seems silly I remember a while ago I could upgrade it without the fee but the interface on the site has changed.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You will have to call in and discuss with an agent they have more flexibility when "the computer says no".

Call 150 from a VM phone or by dialling 0345 454 1111 options 1,1,4,4, from any phone - they are still picking up - but calling at 08.00 is the best time to get through with no long waits.

May not be able to offer you anything on the 30-dayer, but they may offer you a better deal on the existing package (or a new one) if you agree to an 18 month contract.

Nothing to be lost by asking (except time on the phone!) and you can always say ... "no thanks I will just leave it as it is for now, while I explore my other options."

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
liamv92
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tried calling but got a message saying due to covid there calling service is closed sadly.

0 Kudos