Menu
stevelon
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can I get Gig1 or not?

I haven't been keeping up. I'm currently on M350, but I was sent a Hub 4 on Saturday, and activated it immediately. I then found out about "Gig1".
I want to activate the 1GB service online but:
On the "My Package" page, the Broadband line is maxxed out (Currently M350). Clicking "See all upgrades" does not offer an increase, even though a post code check says that M500 is available on my street.

So I have one piece of online info telling me I'm stuck at M350 and another saying I can at least get get M500.

When I check the Gig1 page it says Manchester is enabled.
Among the places in Manchester mentioned is Oldham.

I live in Middleton, which in local government terms comes under Rochdale, but in terms of the virgin media network comes under Oldham
e.g a ping of my internet facing address gives: cpc100236-oldh11-2-0-cust711.10-1.cable.virginm.net [82.19.22.200]

I have the new hub 4. I seem to live in an area supporting 1GB. Can I have it please?
If not now, when will MIddleton/Rochdale be available?
If not, why was I sent the Hub 4 in the first place?

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can I get Gig1 or not?

If they haven't offered you a 1Gbs service it isn't available in your area yet.

They are slowly moving people onto the Hub 4 in areas of congestion and those that will be 1Gbs enabled in the not too distant future.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

VM are sending some customers on the lower speeds a Hub 4 to help with areas that have high utilization that will be why you have been given a hub 4.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
stevelon
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

OK Thanks for the replies. I didn't realise about their sending out Hub 4s to high utilisation areas. That said, I always got really fast download speeds ~50M/sec.

Thanks again

0 Kudos