Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cable repair

Does anyone know what the problem is with virgin media and their engineer appointment's. I was told 3to5 day's and after 5 day's i was told no it's 10to12 day's and that i was given wrong information. And still no one has came and fixed my cable outside my house anyone else have this problem

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable repair

Is it a fault specific to you or a known fault for multiple users ? Have you got "total loss of service"?  If its a known problem, all home tech visits are auto-cancelled until that is fixed

Have you checked for “known network faults”?

As well as trying the “check service,” weblink (at the top of this forum board), there is also a Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that might even not yet be listed on the Service Status web page) - that may give you more info.

If nothing shows on there call it in again and see what they say when they test your connection and if possible, get a fault reference number.

The "compensation "timer" can also be started on this number.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My cable is cut down to the copper strand has been like this for 12 month's but it seemed to be ok. But lately I've been getting dropped connection speed and at 20:13 tonight it has completely lost all connection i phoned virgin media and have been waiting on hold for 36 mins. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi whyamiwaiting,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear of the broadband issues and that you've had confusion with an  engineer visit. From checking it seems to be fixed now, is this the case? If not, please let me know and I can assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi no it's not fixed no one has come out and repaired it I've been waiting for ever and every time i get an appointment i wait and wait and wait i get told its going to be longer and when it's been longer i get told their is no appointment 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi whyamiwaiting,

I'm truly sorry to hear this hasn't been resolved. 

When the engineer visit has been extended has the team advised why this has happened?

^Martin

0 Kudos