Menu
wacjac
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

CS Calls recorded??

Are CS calls recorded and how long are they retained for?

I've been with VM for as long as I can even remember. Each and every year 'the game' of one or two price increases and a call to retentions makes me despise the company more each time. 

Less than 2 months ago (end 'Nov), as my 12 month contract was ending again, I made the annual call to CS then retentions and was, this time, surprisingly offered an 18-month deal for the first time. Not quite as reduced a price I was hoping for, I reluctantly agreed as am too busy to mess around. During this conversation with said CS person, on several occasions I made a point that how long is this price fixed for as it was sickening to be, what feels like, bombarded with yet more price increases at every opportunity. I was, without doubt, assured that there would be NO PRICE INCREASE to the newly agreed monthly price during this full contract term. The conversation playback would prove this.

Well, like everyone else, I today received a letter advising that from 1st March 2021 my bill would be increasing by £4/month. This will be the equivalent of 16 x £4 = £64 over the remaining 16 months, plus any further increases!!!

A quick read of a few threads on this forum and it would appear there is another wonderful 'get-out' for VM as to whether you are on a 'fixed price' or 'discounted' agreement as to whether this affects you or not.

Having now been sickened to the innermost core of every molecule in my body now by VM, I tried to call CS to force someone to listen to the recording and prove my point. I've clearly been outright lied to by the person in the retention team in order to keep me as a customer and him earn his 'bit' for a sterling job well done.

Oh, nearly forgot..... clearly expecting a wash of backlash at this latest vermin-like move, there's a £4/month 6-month discount opt-in option whilst on hold. After 30 minutes on hold I gave up as I don't have the time to waste.

I'd like a VM Manager to PM me through here to discuss this further. 

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: CS Calls recorded??

Hi wacjac,

Thanks for posting. 

Any discount that you’ve been offered for the 12/18 months will still be honoured – so if you accepted a fixed price then you’ll receive that until the end of the discount period.  If you accepted a £ or % amount off, this will also continue to be honoured but you will see your price increase from the 1st March.

We will advise you in your communication how the price change will affect your deal.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
wacjac
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. Can you clarify from the new agreement screenshot below which is my case? I have tried several times to call CS today on the 150 number but constantly busy. Incidentally, the letter I received stated categorically that 'Your bill will go up by £4 a month from 1st March'vm.gif

0 Kudos
Wolfclaw
Superfast
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I've just got my letter after signing for a 18m contract after being out of contract for years and getting a new deal through retentions and clearly through out the conversation and during the closing statement describing the package and costs, it is clearly stated no price increase will come in to force for the duration of the contract. VM cannot apply the charge as this is in breach of the contact verbally agreed by both parties and more than happy to legally enforce it. As for call recording, they are legally obliged to do so and provide a copy free of charge within an agreed ICO time frame, via subject access request (SAR) emailed to  dpo@virginmedia.co.uk

0 Kudos