Menu
urbun
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

COMPLAINT ISSUE

A year ago I signed up for 500MB home broadband. Despite 4 or 5 home engineer visits, 4o r 5 Hub 3s - the engineers have been stumped as to why I can only get 200-300MB on ethernet cable directly out the back of the hub. One engineer suggested I wait unit 1GB service was available and try Hub 4.

After a year of frustration, I have raised complaint COM104186010 on 13th August - four weeks later I have still not heard from you. I then get a letter on 16th September saying you have been trying to contact me (no you have NOT as you have my home, mobile and email address) and that you would close my complaint down in 28 days if I didn't get in touch. I then text the number you gave me for the past 10 days and no-one has got in touch. COVID is NOT an excuse for businesses to provide this poor level of service.

Here're what I want you to do.

1) Fix my speed issues asap and give me what I am paying for.

2) Apologize for lying and crap customer service

3) Reimburse me for 12 months not getting what I have paid for.

I look forward to hearing from you

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: COMPLAINT ISSUE

Hi urbun,

Thanks for posting on the forums and welcome to the community.

I was really sorry to read your post and to hear about the overall poor experience you've had with us in the past 12 months, I can honestly understand why this would cause frustration.

I would like to know a little bit more about your home set up and connection. I appreciate that you have had multiple engineer visits regarding the speed issues, but in order for us to get a better understanding of the problem, we'd need to know whether the device you're using the run the speed test has a gigabit network interface card. Are you using our hub or your own router?

Can you also tell me what the previous engineers have advised and done so far in attempt to fix the issue? Did they mentioned whether they'd arrange for a senior engineer to visit the property?

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Can you post some stats. Example (for a hub 3): go to 192.168.0.1 (router mode) or 192.168.100.1 (modem mode), do not log in, click on the link "Check Router Status".
Copy and paste the Downstream, Upstream and Network Logs. Mask any public IP address.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
urbun
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Each engineer has replaced the hub with another (brand new Hub3), and have done things like checked the cable box on the outside of my house.

We have tried turning off wireless to rule that out and then tested the the ethernet speed by

1) using various ethernet cables (cat 6 and 7)

2) using each of the various ports on the back of Hub 3

3) tried various laptops and desktop computers each with gigabit ethernet cards.

All speed test run using Speedtest.net connecting to local Virgin server in Glasgow. We saw 560MB/s on one test but other than that we have seen an average of 250MB/s (200-300MBs fort almost every other test at random times of day/night over the past 12 months) 

FYI - WiFI downlaod test speed on iphone 7 is 200Mbs and upload seems a consistenTest result just nowTest result just now

0 Kudos
urbun
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Sure here you go - hopefully something stands out here...

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG5.JPG6.JPG7.JPG8.JPG9.JPG10.JPG11.JPG

0 Kudos
urbun
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

sorry for any confusion - that speedtest was ran on laptop connected by ethernet

0 Kudos
urbun
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Sorry Network Log images didn't display previously

8.JPG9.JPG10.JPG11.JPG

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Your upstream power levels are too low.

This could be causing line stability issues.

0 Kudos
urbun
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Carl. I would say the line is actually pretty stable - it is consistently giving me just half the advertised speed. Out of interest, what kind of figure would you expect for upstream power levels?

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The decimal is in the wrong place, so multiply by 10 giving 31.25dBmV, etc. You won't want anything below 31dBmV. Values of 44dBmV to 46dBmV are optimal. VM should send round a senior tech to investigate.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos