Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Business Broadband

Can anyone help me here?

I am a business customer buy my god I cannot deal with calling Manilla anymore on the worst phone line connection known to man to speak to someone who cannot understand what I say, I cannot understand them and they usually just put the phone down on me anyway.....(before anyone asks I have called lots  of times all without a satisfactory resolution) so here it goes......

I run my business at home  and paid for Voom 350mps speeds.......three months into the contract I receive less than 30mps at the most EVER!

Virgin just don't seem that interested in sorting this out even when I go through the awful Virgin Business phone system and pick 5 for "leaving Virgin" they then calm me down and say they are putting me through to the faults department and guess what......back to the manilla call centre....bad phone line, shouting in the background, non English speaking call operator and no resolution to my issue.....

I thought maybe some could help me on here as I am feeling Virgin may be the worst company in the universe fro customer service and that is saying something as I was once a talk talk customer........help me please.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Business Broadband

Hello

We can give advice but will be unable to book engineers.

When doing a speedtest are you doing so wired to the Hiron router ? Try using www.speedtest.net.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi MIke 

The router is at my home office.

When I get home tonight i'm going to do a new speed test using he suggested service with an Ethernet cable and will report back.

thanks for the quick response, I cannot take another phone call with Manilla

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Most of us (unpaid fellow customers with time on our hands for a whole range of reasons) have no experience of the Hitron router, but the chipset is similar to the residential customers' Hub 3.  Is there an option to "check router status" that produces a series of figures for Upstream, Downstream, Network logs?  If you can find anything for those, try posting them here and we'll see what we can deduce from those.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

As said, VM (and all BB suppliers) only "guarantee" speeds on ethernet connections not over wifi, so try the tests like this.

Make sure your device has a gigabit network card (not a 10/100 one or “limited to that) and has the up to date drivers. Use a new Cat6 ethernet cable (old ones do "fail" and Cat6 is best) to connect it directly to the Hub - which you have put into modem mode (to ensure only your device is connected). Check speeds like that first.
If they are still low - then, boot up your device into "safe mode with networking" (to disable any software on it that could be limiting speeds). Run the tests at speedtest.net (try on x2 VM servers) on 2 different browsers one of which is a fresh download of one you haven’t previously used (e.g. Firefox, Opera, Safari etc - there are several reports on here of certain browsers causing speed issues).
Try that and report back what you get.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's best to do speed tests using Modem only Mode.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos