cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buggy e-mail after upgrading package? How long does it take?

JJ1515
Joining in

Today I upgraded my package to add Sky, TNT and Viaplay and also the internet speed to 500. I received a couple e-mails, one confirming the new contract but another one which looked like a glitch: 

JJ1515_0-1691759951148.png

I'm really confused... did the order go through or not? 

It's been hours and no channels added yet. And the Internet speed is still the same.

Any help?

12 REPLIES 12

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JJ1515 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the issue with the upgrade. How did you do the upgrade please?

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hello John, I upgraded online today. I opened my package/change package in my account and there were options there to add things. It's showing this at the moment instead: 

JJ1515_0-1691765305054.png

Hi @JJ1515 

Thanks for coming back to us and confirming.

OK so I have seen this a few times recently and it means the order has been sent to the back office team to apply.

They'll apply this asap, usual timescales for it are 5 working days. Hopefully all sorted sooner for you.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Oh I see... looks like I'll be missing the weekend games then 😞

BTW just to confirm, to get the new channels and speed, this will all be done online correct? Or does someone need to come here and change/install anything?

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the reply and the further questions, JJ1515.

Sorry to see you'll miss the weekend games due to this, however we can confirm the service change is usually done remotely (unless there's new equipment to install where we'll either send it to self-install or book an engineer visit).

In both cases, we'll be confirming via SMS or email during this process on how the upgrade will be done.

Hope this helps, please feel free to ask if you have more questions.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Any updates on this? I really don't wanna miss another week of games 😞

Any updates on this?

Hi @JJ1515 

It's not something we'd have updates on I'm afraid. You'd be notified when the package has changed. Apologies that we can't offer further help than that.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Oh I see. So how would I get in contact with the responsible team? Is there a way to message them? Live chat/e-mail/phone?