Menu
barriemoss
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Broadband

I should be getting 200Mbps but most days I only get approx. 0.5 Mbps until I call Virgin. Each time it's reset the router and only on one occasion have I recieved anywhere near 200 and then generally for about ten minutes, then it's back to micro speed.

This has been going on for weeks and I have never had a decent speed for any length of time.

Absolutely sick of it. Any ideas anyone. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband

are you testing on wired or wireless?

can you post the modem stats
0 Kudos
barriemoss
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wireless 6 foot from the router. 218 Mbps one minute 0.52 Mbps the next.
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Welcome to the Trials & Tribulations of Wi-Fi

The problem with Wi-Fi is that it can be brilliant at breakfast time and useless by lunchtime and you haven't changed anything, BUT, something, somewhere has changed, then you can spend hours and even days trying to find a fix for something that can be totally out of your control.

If you remove all the internal walls, electronic and electrical devices, metallic pipes and conduits and wrap the whole building in a thick lead shield you will have a good chance of getting decent Wi-Fi from a VM Hub.

Many people have accepted that the VM Wi-Fi is poor and have purchased third party equipment that is much, much more powerful than the VM supplied kit and once set up have wondered why they waited for so long.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos