cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband very slow

Dexder1
Joining in

Since day one bout a MTH ago I wanted 145mb speed The first thing I did was 2 show mb speed as it went through TV buy eithernet into back of TV and 2nd into sky Q box then on Mobil wi-fi but after it finished every time the speed would come up as only 18mb nothing like 145 mb it showed u on screen telling u.I called 150 to enquire but I'm told I have to register with u on web but I didn't have a bill order no nothing so I could not get into it as I'm able to run web speed on virgin media.Yesterday I bought new Mobil with a bill so at last I registered on it.First thing I did was to check speeds mb and every time it tells me there is a problem with it and I needed an engineer to fix it.I knew I was right all time I checked all cables into modem the wall but it seamed right.So I looked on there site bout being took off bill as £100 on bill if your speed was 20 mb and actually I only got 18mb.So I hope they give there word as I would never out do them.Last night as could get on web I orded 345 mb for 15 pound for six month.I get my box Saturday.Im getting rid off landline telephone as new Mobil.I also got sky TV with Netflix paramount movies but if prices rnbetter I'll see

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Dexder1 wrote:

.So I looked on there site bout being took off bill as £100 on bill if your speed was 20 mb and actually I only got 18mb.So I hope they give there word as I would never out do them.......

Last night as could get on web I orded 345 mb for 15 pound for six month.I get my box Saturday.

If you are a current broadband customer  you need to use the Connect app to perform the Home Scan in the area where the signal is low(est)

If the download speed is less than 20 Mbps in every room then you can order a wifi pod. They are free if you are on the Gig1 package, or Ultimate Oomph, or on a Volt bundle, however if you are on any other package then they are £8  a month.

Info below from https://www.virginmedia.com/help/booster-and-wi-fi-pods 

Can I order a WiFi Pod on the Virgin Media Connect app?

Yes, but only if you’re not getting download speeds of at least 20Mbps in every room.

Our home scan feature will guide you from room to room to carry out WiFi speed tests. If it finds a potential signal-less spot, it’ll test our broadband speed to the WiFi Hub to make sure there isn’t a problem with your network. If everything’s okay with the Hub, the app will take you through to order a WiFi Pod to help boost your WiFi connection.

You can also call 150 from a VM landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to order a pod (they will only send out one at a time, and there must be an interval of at least one week before a second order will be accepted) Call around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.

The M350 broadband is a 24 month contract, only available to new customers.  It's £15 a month for the first 6 months, and then £30 per month for the remainder of the contract.

/virgin-media-o2-offers-savings-this-january-with-unmissable-m350-broadband-deal/  

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

TV equipment or any WiFi connected device are not suitable for performing reliable speed tests.

We have a Sony Bluray player it connects at over 250Mb/s on 5Ghz WiFi but it always posts a 23Mb/s Netflix speed test,
but it works perfectly this is because Netflix in 1080p only requires 5Mb/s. 

Solve your existing WiFi connectivity issues first - upgrading the broadband package does not fix WiFi issues.

To see what is happening with the service speed try this link : https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/

The test may reveal the Hub has a lot more speed to offer - if only your device can make use of it.

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Dexder1, thanks for message and welcome to the forums. 

I have looked into this for you and can see that you had an engineer appointment how did it go?

Are you still having issues with the service? ^Chris.