cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband upgrade speed

kildrum
On our wavelength

Hello, approximately 48 hrs ago I was offered a free upgrade to Volt 1g Mbs. Since then I have carried out a few speed tests and surprisingly my speed has reduced.

I have turned my router (hub5) off 4 times now since the upgrade. I am getting 350 mbps but I moved from 600 to 1000 and pre upgrade usually hit 400+.

Any pointers to a solution or something I need to do?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

kildrum
On our wavelength

Many thanks. My problem has now been resolved but I am a little bit more knowledgable thanks to your suggestion. I never knew about that before. Many thanks again.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey kildrum,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your broadband speed, did you speak to the team about this or was it an update that you did via your online account?

Were you advised, if the upgrade would be added to your account immediately?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

kildrum
On our wavelength

Hi Steven. It was offered on Monday whilst in conversation regarding another issue with my wifes email. I was told that it should be up and running about 2 hrs after the call and that I should turn my router off rhen on. 

Thanks for coming back to me kildrum, I have looked into this and your upgrade did go ahead on Monday but there is an issue with your connection that would need a technician visit to resolve. I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment. Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Client62
Legend

Look in the Hub's menu at  Check router status >>> Configuration  the US / DS Max Traffic Rates are shown (in bits / second) for the speed profile the Hub received at the last startup.

kildrum
On our wavelength

Many thanks. My problem has now been resolved but I am a little bit more knowledgable thanks to your suggestion. I never knew about that before. Many thanks again.

Hey kildrum, thank you for reaching out and letting us know this. glad to hear this.

Please do reach out if you need anything in the near future. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi, I’m in a similar position. Upgraded to 1gb about 3 -4 weeks ago during a contract renewal and my speed has actually dropped from around 500 to 400. My upload speed has increased to over 100. Would it be possible to check this out for me, Regards Mike

Hi Mike2479, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

I am unable to see any issues which would be causing this, can you create a BQM here for a few days and let us know the results? 

Are you still having the same issue since posting? 

Kind regards, Chris.