Menu
madwayne
Dialled in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Broadband upgrade options

Hello once again, I keep using Virgin but I find things most frustrating.

Log into online account, cant get any details on upgrade packages, cant get any details sent to by online chat for consideration.

Website doesnt cover upgrade options for existing customers, also says i can get 600 package but no details of the package or costs.

Now i want to start negotiations with the boss, but how can i say upgrade to this package or another when i have no details and can not obtain the details to browse at my leisure  from the virgin media team.

Please can virgin email whats available and how much it would cost and whats involved for each of the packages.

For me my frustration is upload speed , so the only way to get that on virgin is to upgrade.

So reckon the 350 package is probably adequate at 36 up/ the 500 package seems a waste. the 1 gig package says its in our area but unavailable and cant get straight answers from anyone, or anything in black and white which leaves me potentially exposed we said x when in fact they said Z.

I have a finite time period to get the details and upgrade negotiated with the wife  aka the boss.

Please help

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband upgrade options

I don't believe the 600Mb service is available on its own, I believe its a benefit for Ultimate Oomph Bundle customers (aka VIP package)

As you say the 500Mb package is a waste of time unless the upload speed is upgraded in future, but that's not going to be for a while I reckon.

Probably best to just renegotiate the existing package and get a better price in return for new discount.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

PS. If Gig1 is supposed to available but not currently available could mean there is some capacity issues in your area, and with the whole everyone at home situation local virgin networks are struggling to keep up, specially upload.

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
madwayne
Dialled in
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

The problem is it's as clear as mud.

When you check 1gig it says it's available in our town but rather than says it's not available it gives a date  and not clear without looking hard.

When you do a search it shows in a very faint highlight that  600 is available but click on it there is no details.

More annoying an agent prepared to upgrade my package but not provide an email with the options in.

• Shame really
0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Well I've had Gig1 at two addresses and cancelled it again, really not worth the money until Virgin complete upgrades to the upload side of the service.

madwayne
Dialled in
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

sales want to offer an existing customer a very poor deal and next thing you know put through to customer relations had to close that down due to no response and don't leave things open indefinitely absolutely crazy poor service as always pandemic or otherwise.

Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Are you getting your full expected upload speed at the moment?  If the answer's no, then you'd be barking mad to give VM more money for an upgrade, because any underlying fault will still exist, and may be even worse on a higher speed package.  Many people are currently having upload and upstream latency problems because VM's network is struggling with the amount of home working and home schooling, where the upstream bandwidth of the cable technology was never implemented with the current data traffic in mind. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

madwayne
Dialled in
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I am fortunate that 99% of the time I get  full speed on my current service. I say 99%, every time I have tested it it by various means its all good.

I don't like there sly price hikes which it looks like they are trying to do again on my account, but wanting a faster services and thing  the 350 would be optimal, but cant get a price for it at all.

Just cant get hold of anyone to tell me how much to upgrade and what is included, so emailed the executive team as its a joke not being able to get information. Terri triage is rubbish, when you get a person they can't help and then placed in a a forever on hold situation waiting for an agent that might be able to help, but you cant close the chat down and I cant leave it open indefinitely.

Try p[hone and says busy cll back later which is also complete and utter pants.

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I would probably say that reason for the price hikes is to better equip networks and get more staff.

The old saying of you can't have the cake and eat it.

0 Kudos
madwayne
Dialled in
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

lol if new customers can be charged less, why should existing customer prop up new customers, lets face it a new customer, need new line and equipment?

0 Kudos