cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speeds

vm_user99
On our wavelength

Why when I look at my account does Virgin only suggest new TV channels (that I have no interest in, infact I wish I could sensibly reduce my channels and therefore costs).

Oddly, I'm on the slowest (100mbps) broadband speed but I am never offered (I've been checking this for over two years) any suggestion of upgrading and I refuse to phone virgin as their telephone support teams are appalling.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@vm_user99 wrote:

<snip>  Oddly, I'm on the slowest (100mbps) broadband speed but I am never offered (I've been checking this for over two years) any suggestion of upgrading and I refuse to phone virgin as their telephone support teams are appalling.

As you have been checking for over 2 years, it sounds like you are out of contract.

Try calling retentions - only speak to someone in the UK - try this - dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre. There's a freephone number 0800 052 0422. You need option 4 to speak to retentions

Tell them exactly what you want and see what they offer.  You are under no obligation to accept any offers, but they may offer you something suitable.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@vm_user99 wrote:

<snip>  Oddly, I'm on the slowest (100mbps) broadband speed but I am never offered (I've been checking this for over two years) any suggestion of upgrading and I refuse to phone virgin as their telephone support teams are appalling.

As you have been checking for over 2 years, it sounds like you are out of contract.

Try calling retentions - only speak to someone in the UK - try this - dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre. There's a freephone number 0800 052 0422. You need option 4 to speak to retentions

Tell them exactly what you want and see what they offer.  You are under no obligation to accept any offers, but they may offer you something suitable.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks