Menu
AH33
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Broadband speeds

I have given virginmedia.com a long time to get the speed improved in my home. I have kept a record of the speeds and only 2 or 3 times has it been the speed I am paying for.  I know there is a pandemic but it was like this before then - I have the records. I am now required to work from home and it has been nearly impossible to get into the system.  My work link has been improved but I cannot get into it because of VM internet and netflix freezes all the time.  I even paid for Google extender and it is VM that is the problem

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband speeds

Wired or WiFi speeds?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
AH33
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Wireless

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Connect to the hub using this link.

Don't log in, but click on "Check router status", and then post (as formatted text) the contents of the tabs titled Downstream, Upstream, Network log.  Then we can look for evidence of a resolvable connection problem.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

What are your wired speeds?

Wireless speeds are not "paid for" as part of your contract.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
AH33
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

What do you mean 'not paid for'

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@AH33 wrote:

What do you mean 'not paid for'

As in the speed and connectivity you get from wireless isn’t part of your contract under the speed guarantee.

Only wired speed and the actually line speed to you hub is. 

0 Kudos