Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Broadband speeds

Hi 

I have a hub 3.0 and pay for M350 broadband and have always struggled to get anywhere near those speeds. It has now got worse and a friend suggested I get an access point to improve the WiFi speed. Before buying one I wanted to rule out anything simple that may be causing the problem. I followed all the steps suggested through the help section and the WiFi speed I get has vastly improved, but only in the room the hub is located in. So I thought perhaps I should get the access point suggested. However, I have tested the WiFi speed and now tested the speed with 2 different laptops when connected via an Ethernet cable and I am only getting an average of 60mbps when connected via the cable. I don’t want to purchase an access point that has to be wired and find it doesn’t solve the problem. Any ideas why the speed directly from the hub is so slow and how can it be that the WiFi speed is quicker? I thought maybe it was to do with the laptop I used to test, which is why I’ve tried 2.

We already have virgin boosters and probably have about 15 devices connected - although they’re not all using it at the same time but will be sitting idle on it.

Any help or suggestions? I am at the point of thinking of switching to another provider because virgin have consistently fobbed me off, but conscious that virgins broadband should be the quickest.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband speeds

Hi, I’ll sent you a pm now and see if I can assist.

ian 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos