Menu
completecontrol
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Broadband speed

Paying for 200mbps getting 56 - whats going on Virgin ?

0 Kudos
Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband speed

Check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150 in the first instance.

What are you speed testing with, WiFi or Cabled?   VM do not guarantee wifi speeds, only cabled to the Hub. 

Post your power levels and network log from the Hub for comment.  Also setup a BQM here www.thinkbroadband.com/ping  and post the "shared" link here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi completecontrol, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you've been having some slow speeds. Taking a look at your account, I can see most of your power levels are OK. There are a few that are borderline but nothing that would cause the speed decrease that you are seeing. 

The hub has been up for over 65 days so refreshing this will help. Please reboot the hub by turning off at the mains and leaving off for a minute or two. This will help refresh things and could improve the speeds. 

I can also see that you are connecting via WiFi. You may not get full speeds depending on your environment so these pages will help optimise things for you: 

If after going through the checks you are still having an issue, please connect a cat 6 ethernet cable to a PC / Laptop and run a speed test through speedtest.net and pop your results here. 

Speak soon, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
completecontrol
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you

0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @completecontrol

Keep us updated with how you get on 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos