Menu
RobDavey
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Broadband speed

Over the last few weeks the broadband speed is getting really bad.  Paying for 200mb, Just done a speed check and its 7.8mb.  Next door aren't having any issues.  No specific time of the day when it happens.  Do a check 10 minutes later and its back to full speed, Hour later bad again.  Restarted/reset the router (Hub3) numerous times and doesn't make any difference.  Made sure nothing is being downloaded when it's running slow, Just getting to be a pain now.

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband speed

Don't use wifi.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @RobDavey,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear about your broadband speeds. Is the occurring on wired or wireless devices? Does this happen on multiple devices? Have you checked here to see if there are any local faults in the area causing this?  virg.in/service

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
RobDavey
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Its starts happening in the afternoon on all devices, wired and wireless.  Spoke with my neighbour who is on virgin and isn't having any issues.

Speed picks up around 8pm ish, but thats around 8hrs of the day that it slows up.  With paying for 200mb I would expect to get near that 24/7.

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to us RobDavey,

I've been able to locate your account using your forum details, and there does appear to be some prolonged signal level issues.

Appreciate you've mentioned you have rebooted the hub previously, but can you please perform a pin hole reset for me so I can check the levels again?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos