Menu
Kate2000
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Broadband speed

Spoke to LG as was having a few issues. I was using WiFi to connect my TV, but the Ping was too high , download speed was 17.9 mbps. So I used the ethernet cable instead. The ping went up to 534 and the download speed was 4.9 mbps

LG said speak to network provider. We pay for the oomph package and meant to have fast network etc. Very disappointed and can't get hold of anyone to help.

Ping should be very low but ours is high. Please help.

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband speed

if you haven’t already, set up a free and secure “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph” (as per instructions on the TB website) when it starts to develop.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos